The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage is one of the best-known, but seldom-used magical grimoires. The book describes an elaborate ritual whose purpose is to obtain the "knowledge and conversation" of the magician's "Holy Guardian Angel." During the period of the work, which lasts six months, the magician must pray daily before sunrise and again at sunset. Also, during this preparatory phase, there are many restrictions: chastity must be observed, alcoholic beverages refused, and the magician must conduct his business with scrupulous fairness. After the preparatory phase has been successfully completed, the magician's guardian angel will appear to reveal to the magician magical secrets.
The practical magic of Abramelin centers around a set of magic word squares. By writing the squares and calling upon the spirits responsible for them, the magician is promised the capability to find buried treasure, to cast love charms, to have magical flight, and to become invisible, among other things. However, according to Abramelin, only a magician who has obtained the knowledge and conversation of his Holy Guardian Angel can command the spirits.
However, this claim is illogical on its face. The knowledge and conversation of the magician's Holy Guardian Angel is not required to command spirits in other grimoires. In fact, the squares can be used by anyone at anytime without completing the six-month ritual described in The Book of Abramelin. Follow these five steps, to use the Abramelin squares.
1) Select the magic word square that best matches your need or desire.
2) Know the class of spirits responsible for the square. The angels give you pleasant effects, the evil spirits give you unpleasant effects, and the familiars give you precisely what you ask of them.
3) Write the magic word square.
4) Touch the square and call upon the spirit responsible (in the proper quarter if it is one of the Cardinal spirits). If you desire a more specific effect, call upon the subordinate spirit whose name signifies the way in which you wish the results to manifest. Experience has shown that the spirits need to be called out loud.
5) Tell the spirit what you want from it, and then perform any other actions needed as described in the book.
Be sure you know which spirit is responsible for the square's effect. The effects manifested by the "evil spirits" seem to always work through some upsetting means. The ones manifested by the Cardinals (Oriens, Paimon, Amaymon, and Ariton) seem to manifest by "natural" means. Although the squares do not make things pop out of the blue onto your dining room table, they will get you what you want if you call the spirits that make them work.
Have you ever wondered how some people have such good luck, and get such good results in their lives, as if by magic? The Witchcraft Secret Manual is a foolproof technique, that let novices to use the great power of White Magic to their advantage. To find out more, click here!