Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Irish Case of Death by Spontaneous Combustion

An Irish coroner ruled that a man's death was caused by spontaneous combustion.
West Galway coroner Dr Ciaran McLoughlin said it was the first time in 25 years of investigating deaths that he had recorded such a verdict.

Michael Faherty, 76, died at his home in Galway on 22 December 2010.

Deaths attributed by some to "spontaneous combustion" occur when a living human body is burned without an apparent external source of ignition.

Typically police or fire investigators find burned corpses but no burned furniture. Read more

No comments: